Thursday, February 19, 2009

Photobucket

Here are the suchis I made. Thanks to Sarah for the sushi-makin' stuff!

On the left is a vegetarian roll (well, what was left of it when I took the picture), made with green beans, red peppers and cucumber in a yellow soy wrapper.

On the right is, um, a spicy imitation crab roll, with fake crabmeat, mayo, sriracha and green onion in a regular nori wrapper.

Sorry for the crappy presentation -- I lost track of time and was in a big hurry to eat and leave to see some music videos at a local screening, so I was more interested in eating.

They were a little fally-aparty, especially the veggie one with less crap holding the inside together, but for a first attempt I thought they were presentable. And they tasted deliciousness!

I also made some roasted tofu, which I didn't eat much of. Tonight I plan to stir-fry it up with some green beans, red and yellow peppers, and whatever else I find in the fridge, and will hopefully remember to take pictures (the tofu was good, but needed to be more fried for my taste -- I'm bad, but I just don't like slimy tofu!).

Which reminds me, I've reached a new point in my personal growth as an adult -- I now have enough cooking stuff and variety on hand that I can often make things without having to go shopping based on the recipe! This is apparently normal for other people (you see a lot of "make this easy recipe with things you have on hand" types of deals), but I never have things on hand. Which is why I would give up and go to Subway or Jimmy John's a lot in the past. No more!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

And yes, I ate two whole (sort of overstuffed) sushi rolls plus some tofu (I don't know if that's a lot, but also I had to wolf it down in about 10 minutes -- far from ideal). I'd done an hour of yoga and walked 5 miles, I was hungry!

S.B. said...

I had some "fancy" ramen that was uber delicious. Just make a pack of ramen, add a boiled egg cut in half, mushrooms and firm tofu just fried in butter, and some sliced green onion (note - any of the add ons can be left out or other ones - like bean spouts, water chestnuts, bamboo, carrots etc.) can be added.